31 março 2024

from the army

[ Dialogue in English with the restaurant owner, in the middle of the meal, yesterday, March, 30th, in Fira ]

"- Sir, is everything all right here?
- Yes, everything is fine, thank you.
- Sorry, can I ask you where you come from?
- We come from Portugal.
- From Portugal?! Ok, very well. And may I ask you what you do for a living?
- I'm an anthropologist.
- Anthropologist?! Ok, I thought it was something else...
- Yes? What did you think?
- Well, You are very serious. In a good way, of course. I thought it was something in the army, but I was wrong. Sorry.
- Yes, completely. I never belonged and have always been very far from this universe.
- Sorry for the abuse.
- No problem."

---- tradução ----

[ diálogo em inglês com o dono de restaurante, a meio da refeição, ontem, 30 de Março, em Fira ]

"- Senhor, está tudo bem aqui?
- Sim, obrigado.
- Desculpe, posso perguntar-lhe de onde vêem?
- De Portugal.
- Ok. muito bem. E posso perguntar-lhe o que faz na vida?
- Sou antropólogo.
- Antropólogo!? Ok. Pensei que fosse outra coisa...
- Sim? O que pensou?
- Bem, o senhor é muito sério. No bom sentido, claro. Pensei que fosse algo nas forças armadas, mas enganei-me.
- Sim, completamente. Nunca pertenci e sempre estive muito longe desse universo.
- Desculpe o abuso.
- Não tem problema."

Sem comentários: